It might be the dead of Winter and the ground outside might be covered in snow, but I can’t help day dreaming about ruffles, bright tropical prints, and pink, pink, PINK! It may be only January, but Spring is just around the corner, and it’s never too early to start planning next seasons wardrobe, right? It seems there are a lot of excited changes coming to the fashion world this spring, Even if it does mean giving up some of my skinny jeans.
(Photography via Defuzemag.com )
It can be tough to stay on top of the latest trends when your a busy mom, so I’ve tried to narrow down some of the highlights of the season’s hot new trends so that we can be cool, hip moms who stay on top of fashion, without having to buy a totally new wardrobe.
1. Ruffles. I love all of the feminine ruffles seen all over the runway for Spring! Ruffles are definitely still in this season, so I am keeping all of my ruffly, romantic tops from last year and carrying them right over to 2017. (Photography via Vogue.com )
2. Pink. This is a really fun and surprising trend this season. I will definitely be keeping my pink dress from last year as well because it will be totally on trend this Spring. (Photography via Elleuk.com )
3. The Track Pant. This is the one I am probably most excited about (and what mom isn’t?) because dressing up track pants seems like an ideal way to be hip, on trend, and still be able to roll around on the floor with my kids all day. I don’t have any track pants yet (just the leggings I haven’t been able to pry myself away from since my last pregnancy…I mean seriously, why are they so comfortable??) so they will definitely be on my shopping list this Spring. (Photography via Minimalblogs.com )
4. Statement Earrings. The statement necklace was super fun, but being an earring girl myself I am pretty excited about glamming out my ears this Spring with some bold, structural earrings. (Photography via Stylecaster.com )
5. Tropical Prints.Nothing conjures up images of warm Summer days quite like bright, bold, tropical prints of palm fronds and Hibiscus flowers. This is another trend to that will be continuing this year, so hold on to those Summery prints, or go ahead and purchase that palm leaf swim suit you’ve been eyeing because tropical prints are going to be in for at least another season. (Photography via Vogue.com )